Saturday, August 28, 2010

First week of school with service projects

Hi there,

I'm not the best writer but I'm going to try to stay on top of this blogging ordeal to make sure I'm sharing what God is doing and how you can be praying for me specifically. Sometimes when I journal I'm sure the Lord is saying at times, enough rambling I want you to share your heart's desires/thoughts with me.

This past week was my first week in classes, Monday was a group meeting for campus ministry discussion. We broke off in groups the gals and guys team to see what are practical ways of the students to reach out to the other students on their campuses.. So we were brainstorming for that on Monday. Tuesday am was my Leadership Practicum class, which you be praying each week a paper is due with presentation on how a particular character trait is being used in my life. This last week was How Can I Be Loyal to My Body? And I actually tied my heart, mind, body and soul all together with the one-page paper. It's stretching me to be outside my comfort zone, being vulnerable to speak with others who are in the same boat as I am. Wednesday: Intro to Theology & Effective Communications, the Theology class I'm very pumped to be in - As I really do have a heart to learn to have open discussions with others about on how I UNDERSTAND to the fullest why I live what I say I believe. English is going to be real hard for me to be diligent to read/learn, thank goodness for Ms. Osnoe she is very upbeat about her job and loves teaching - bonus right there. Thursday is the 2nd class of the Leadership class - Focus is on firming and developing leadership from the inside/out Habitudes by Tim Elmore and 360 Degree Leader by John Maxwell. Thursday night is Calling & Destiny main book I'm reading by Os Guinness called THE CALL -- I highly recommend this book to ANYONE!! Two times per week we are doing a service project, which is helping the interns work together and get outside ourselves for sure. Friday is my DAY OF REST, which I'm learning is OKAY to relax, take extra time to spend with my LORD in songs of worship and specific prayer . Just heard a new song by Rita Springer "It's worth it all". Today(SATURDAY) I went to the Commissary on Ft. Bragg's base to share about the STOP CHILD TRAFFICKING WALK on October 3rd in Fayetteville, some people were very interested and others just kept walking. My prayer is that the Lord would flood the hearts of those who feel called to do something about these heinous crimes and step up to make a difference for this strong cause! And sure enough the Lord did, He brought exactly who needed to be aware of this cause to US at the table and those we reached out asking simply "Have you heard of this SCT and how YOU can help?" For me, I had to press on and not allow the thought of I might be interrupting their shopping(Grocery store/mall location), but if I'm feeling lead to go talk to someone and/or inform them(like this afternoon) of how they can be apart of a cause to stop kidnapping/sex trafficking then surely I cannot be responsible for how they might respond to me. I'm learning lately that I should not worry or try to THINK for someone else, they can take care of themselves. But if I feel lead to go out of my comfort zone in reaching out then so be it. I'm praising the Lord that HE is bringing it up now for me to work through in my daily relationships cause I want to let go of whatever fears could be holding me back from being all that I can be in Christ and becoming more of the woman God desires for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment